The BALANCE mission is to generate opportunities for those living with vision loss through innovative, inclusive, community oriented programming and partnerships. Our strong community focus keeps us grounded and our spirit open to change.
Our vision is for people to live a quality, enriched life that is engaged with communities and free of social barriers.
BALANCE for Blind Adults core values include:
- Enhancing quality of life through skill development, support and encouragement
- Providing an open and flexible learning environment to meet the individual needs of all participants
- Inspiring participants to be active within the community
- Valuing each participants unique circumstances and supporting active community engagement
- Partnering with community members to build an inclusive and supportive network of resources
- Supporting the use of new technology to improve accessibility and enhance everyday living
- Motivated, quality people are our primary resource and the foundation of our success.