BALANCE Community Information Fair!
New exhibitors added!
Are you always wishing that organizations serving you would gather in one place so you could ask all your questions in one go? Do you want to meet people in person and have a real-time, face-to-face chat rather than always dealing with email and telephone? On Thursday October 26, 2017, we are hosting an Info Fair for the benefit of our community members and others interested in learning more about all there is for you in the City of Toronto!
Here are the details, please note that this is a DROP IN event, and you may arrive at ANY TIME within the hours of the event–4:30-7:30 p.m.
A total of 18 wonderful exhibitors will be on hand to answer your questions and arm you with the information you need in order to be a more active and informed community member. So please come to the side entrance (off Indian Grove) of West Toronto Support Services, 1709 Bloor St. West, Indian Grove, to learn about many different services available to you. Nearest subway: Keele Station.
Here is a list of those who will be there (and this list is still growing!)–[NOTE: each of the exhibitors below is hyperlinked to their website, where you can learn more about them.]
- Accessible Media Inc. (Event Sponsor)
- Canadian Council of the Blind Toronto Visionaries Chapter
- CNIB-GTA Foundation (Hub)
- Four Villages Community Health Centre
- Frontier Computing
- Dr. Ana Juricic (low vision optometrist)
- Microcomputer Science Centre Inc.
- OCAD Vision Technology Service (Julia Foster, OT)
- PAL Reading Services
- Rusty Dragons–Making dragonboating accessible for all
- SCI-Ontario Employment Services
- SunLife Financial
- Toronto Blind Jays (Beep Baseball team)
- Toronto Public Library/CELA
Other notes: Please arrange your transportation drop offs/pick ups, for the side entrance of the building off Indian Grove. Tell your driver that the West Toronto Support Services Sign on Indian Grove marks their main entrance. Also, allow about 60 minutes to visit each of the tables, as this is a free DROP IN event, and we want as many people as possible to attend.
Staff will be on hand to help you find your way around,
We look forward to seeing you there!!