Vision, Mission and Values
What We Aspire to Achieve
An open world for persons who are blind or living with sight loss.
What We Do
BALANCE provides customized training and support to facilitate optimal independence and community engagement for persons who are blind or living with sight loss and who often have complex needs.
- Inclusion. We believe all people have the right to equal access to the opportunities available in their communities.
- Respect. We approach each person with thoughtful and non-judgmental regard.
- Empathy. We relate to each person with understanding and sensitivity to their thoughts, feelings and experiences.
- Trust. We provide an environment in which people feel physically and emotionally safe.
- Independence. We provide person-directed support to achieve each client’s goals as fully as possible.