Accreditation and Memberships
- GTA Coalition of Disability Organizations
BALANCE is proud to be affiliated with the following organizations in order to assist us with the fulfillment of our mission:
- BALANCE is accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation (CCA). Each accreditation cycle, we submit to a rigorous set of standards, and are reviewed accordingly.
- BALANCE has been a member of the West Toronto Ontario Health Team (WTOHT) for 3 years, and was a participant in the OHT application process. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, BALANCE was represented at frequent meetings to gain information to support our staff and clients, and to support the wider OHT membership with our knowledge and insight related to persons living with sight loss and other disabilities.
- BALANCE has been a proud member of VisionServe Alliance for the past 7 years. We are the only non-U.S. based organization represented at VSA. VSA provides invaluable support to its member organizations and their CEOs/Executive Directors. In addition, Dr. Gold founded the VSA Small Organization Affinity Group, and continues to be an influencer with respect to member organizations with budgets less than $2M.
- BALANCE is a member of the GTA Coalition of Disability Organizations. Dr. Gold co-founded this group with David Meyers of the Centre for Independent Living Toronto (CILT) in 2018. With over 20 member organizations, the Coalition is now fully supported by CILT. For further information about the Coalition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org