BALANCE for Blind Adults is an Employer of Choice for persons who are blind or living with sight loss. Over 40% of our employees are blind or have low vision and have been vision rehabilitation service users themselves. The level of employment among blind persons in Canada is disgraceful. Only about 35% of blind persons in this country have jobs, so we at BALANCE are proud of the fact that we are setting an example to other employers in the city of Toronto and in Canada. We seek out experienced and knowledgeable people and we believe that lived experience helps to create a dynamic, caring and empathetic learning environment. At BALANCE, we also provide a supportive management approach which permits growth and development in the workplace. We believe that a caring workplace builds a strong staff team, which in turn improves programs and services and benefits our clients.
For more information, please visit www.balancefba.org
BALANCE for Blind Adults is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please let us know in advance if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.
We are currently recruiting for the positions of Fundraiser (full-time).
You are a fundraising generalist with the enthusiasm and energy to lead all aspects of fund development in a small organization with a big impact on the lives of people who are living with sight loss.
You bring knowledge, skills and care to the oversight of planning and implementation of BALANCE fundraising initiatives.
In conjunction with the Executive Director, you will have the exciting responsibility for developing a fundraising plan for the organization, and setting reasonable and achievable fund development goals.
You will be responsible for developing foundation opportunities and growing corporate donors and sponsors to support the agency’s strategic fund development priorities.
You will ensure effective stewardship of major gifts to maintain engagement with the organization.
Finally, you will advise the E.D. with respect to effective Marketing and Communications strategies and tactics to engage donors, foundations and the public, to ensure consistent messaging, and to broaden awareness of the organization, while enhancing and protecting the brand.
With Strong Leadership Skills You will:
- Advance the profile of BALANCE to donors, prospects, sponsors and the community to inspire ongoing commitment which will ensure necessary resources to meet the agency’s current and future needs.
- Develop and oversee an annual fund development plan and fundraising budget for the organization; develop BALANCE Gift Acceptance Policy
- Participate in major gift revenue projections, forecasting and budget monitoring
- Support and work closely with the Executive Director to actively engage new prospects and build strategic moves for existing relationships with donors at all giving levels
- Develop targeted solicitation strategies, customized proposals and grant submissions to secure major gifts;
- Direct proactive research and participate in ongoing prospect identification, taking responsibility to acquire new corporate donors
- Ensure that all gifts are received in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency and BALANCE gift acceptance policies
- Engage community and corporate partners to host fundraising events for BALANCE
- Help grow revenue generating third party fundraising initiatives
- Supervise part-time grant-writer and Marketing Assistant
Donor Relations and Stewardship
You are excited to:
- Connect with donors on a regular basis to share news, updates, Impact Reports, annual reports; provide customized correspondence and reports
- Foster relationships with a diverse community of donors and sponsors
- Work within a “donor-Centered” framework, helping to advance a culture of philanthropy throughout the agency
You are enthusiastic about:
- Ensuring consistent messaging and quality in development and stakeholder communications, including customized Impact Reports and Social Media posts
- Drafting customized proposals and communications
- Drafting and scheduling social media posts, with assistance from the Marketing Assistant
- Represent BALANCE at select meetings and events to support fund development initiatives
- Lead and/or participate in public speaking presentations and 1-on-1 stakeholders meetings
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years fundraising experience
- Demonstrated track record in cultivation and solicitation of gifts over $5,000
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing
- Must possess the ability to think strategically and work independently in driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills/deep understanding of Marketing and Communications strategy as it relates to fundraising
- Public speaking experience to small and midsize groups
- Experience using social media tools (Twitter; Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience working within the busy life of a small non-profit community service organization
- An understanding of working with/demonstrated commitment to working with disabled persons
- Ability to assess donor management software and make recommendations
- Experience in community of blind persons an asset
- Working towards CFRE an asset
Salary Range: $50, 000 – 55, 000 plus benefits.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Application Deadline is Sunday September 19th.
Please note: This is a full-time, permanent position located in Toronto, Canada. Work from home is an option, within the province of Ontario. Please do not apply if you are a fundraising consultant. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.