Reception & Communications Coordinator (RCC)
BALANCE for Blind Adults, an accredited community service organization, provides rehabilitation services (past 35 years) to people who are blind and living in the City of Toronto (and beyond for virtual services and groups). We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized individual to join our small but mighty team.
This position will work closely with the Executive Director and be responsible for coordinating external and internal communications and ensuring that the everyday work of the organization runs smoothly, by providing a high level of teamwork, initiative, & confidentiality.
The RCC is responsible for office administration including phone and email management (all corporate email accounts), vendor and client relations, monthly accounts payable, scheduling support; and supporting the work of the E.D. and the Volunteer Coordinator. In addition, groups and events coordination is a part of the role.
Communications activities include: content/edits to the BALANCE website (on WordPress), our weekly newsletter to our community, and more.
- Completion of post-secondary degree, college diploma, or other relevant education, training and experience;
- Strong people skills: friendly demeanor; ability to warmly greet visitors to the office, and interact professionally over the telephone;
- The ability to communicate in English with excellent written and oral skills is required.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for MS Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, PPT), data base management, internet, Braille printer
- Proficiency with (or willingness to learn) Zoom, WordPress, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey and Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter; and Canva)
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment (or willingness to learn or self-teach independently)
- Possess strong time management skills, attention to detail, capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency, ability to develop work schedules, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals, ability to make clear, appropriate, timely decisions at the level of the position, or to judge when decision cannot be made and must be escalated.
- Open-concept workspace; ability to concentrate amidst potential distractions, is necessary
- Must be willing to work in-person at the BALANCE office. Working hours: 9-5, Monday to Friday; Occasional flex-time may be required for groups and events
- BALANCE is a feedback-based work environment and is consistently rated highly by staff with respect to fairness, openness to change and HR philosophy of adult learning; our expectations of work quality and productivity are high, and we match these with numerous professional development opportunities and support to develop leadership and job-relevant skills. We believe we can only make a difference in the lives of our clients if our staff feel supported and are able to grow professionally during their tenure with us.
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “RCC Application”. Deadline to apply is Sunday April 8th, 2022 at midnight. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BALANCE for Blind Adults is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please let us know in advance if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.