Changes in technology are creating new ways to communicate and transforming how we live and work. At BALANCE for Blind Adults, people with vision loss learn how to use the latest adaptive devices and improve their computer skills. Discover how to work with the Internet and send messages by email.
Whether you have never used a computer, or are hoping to enhance your use of the smart-phone, our assistive technology instructors offer free customized, one-on-one training to meet your specific needs. Our trainers work with clients to develop the skills necessary to use a range of assistive and mainstream technologies including:
- Screen-readers (JAWS, NVDA, voiceover).
- Screen-magnification software (Zoomtext, Magic).
- Braille Displays.
- Smart Phones.
- Microsoft Office applications.
In addition to one-on-one training, we offer group classes where clients can come together and learn in a supportive environment. These classes can cover a variety of topics including:
- Introduction to keyboarding
- Windows operating system and basic file management procedures
- Introduction to word processing, keyboarding, and basic editing skills
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Internet Explorer and Outlook
- Troubleshooting and maintaining your computer.
We will work in the home, at the BALANCE training centre, or in the workplace.
Please keep an eye on the BALANCE website for upcoming group classes, and watch the site for new course developments.
For more information on technology training, or to register for BALANCE services, please email email@example.com or call (416) 236-1796.