BALANCE and CCRW (Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work) are very pleased to announce a first-time United Way-funded partnership to provide customized support to young adults living with sight loss to participate in…
Youth the Future (YTF) Scarborough!!
A Pre-employment Training Program for Youth living with disability, aged 15-30*
Youth the Future (YTF) is a pre-employment training program through the CCRW. Youth with disabilities, with barriers to employment, are provided job-readiness training and are assisted and supported to find ongoing, entry-level work in Toronto, including Scarborough.
- Have a SIN card?
- Have basic reading/writing skills?
- Have a positive attitude?
- Between the ages of 15-30?
- Not on EI?
This program includes:
6 weeks of PAID, in-class job readiness training:
- Learn how to effectively job search
- Interview techniques
- Create resumes and cover letters
- Learn all the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in today’s workplace
14 weeks of PAID employment (min 25 hours/week):
- We support and empower you throughout the transition
- Continuous feedback and coaching, on-the-job
- Support to your employer
- Weekly PAID classroom training throughout
If you live with sight loss, you will receive direct support within both the in-class and on-the-job training, from a dedicated project staff member, in addition to the support and training provided by the YTF program staff.
To learn more and/or to apply, please contact:
Cristina Lopes, Program Facilitator/Job Developer
The Insight Project
BALANCE for Blind Adults
* The YTF Program is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Skills Link program.